Old Soul in the Heart of the City

Welcome to Waterloo Centre. Easily overlooked with all the rapid developments just steps away. A place where time seems to have stood still.

I was wandering around the building as I was in the area for lunch and what I saw surprised me. There were a number of old school shops selling motorcycle parts. I thought these shops only existed in industrial estates. I never expected to find them 2 minutes from Orchard Road. What was even more surprising was that these shops were mostly in the original condition! They still had the old dark wood cupboards popular in the old days. 
This shop was particularly intriguing to me. Parked just inside were 2 black antique bicycles. I was instantly in love. Everything in the shop looked like they were in original condition, from the cabinets, to the wooden stools and even the crates that some of the good were stored in. 

I was lovely to find such a place so close to the city. Many of the shops were closed though and the 2nd floor looked almost like a dead town. It would be sad to see all these shops finally close down. Sadly, I haven't been able to find much info on Waterloo Centre on google. Anyone has any insights on the place?

No comments:

Post a Comment