Turning 29

I turn 29 today. I woke up to many birthday wishes which cheered my heart. On my way to work, I spent some time thanking God for all that I hold dear- love and grace, the people and places, and above all, His hand in my life. I took half a day off work and spent the afternoon with Mr Kwek roller blading at East Coast and enjoying awesome zi char at night. I'm low maintenance like that. 
As I look back on the last 29 years, I'm amazed at where The Lord has led me and I look forward with excitement to the fulfillment of His plans for my life. 

At the same time, this birthday, more than ever, I am reminded of the brevity of life. Today, Malaysia observed a day of mourning as it welcomed home the remains of some of those who perished in the MH 17 tragedy. My heart goes out to those who have lost their loved ones. 

My mind keeps going back to the verse in Psalms 8:3-5: 

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that You are mindful of him
And the son of man that You visit him?
For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And have crowned him with glory and honor.

For what is each day, each month, each year? They are but gifts from God. And who am I that God would do so much for me? I am but a child of God. 

And my response like the psalmist, through each year that I am given, should always be, "Oh Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment