Day 12: casual Friday- sew happy!

The wrap dress is supposed to be the universally flattering dress. A Diane von Furstenberg is way out of my price range and I didn't like the lycra or garish prints on the cheaper options. So I sewed one for myself.
The blue and white printed cotton, that I had bought in China awhile back was the perfect material.
I must warn you that the wrap dress is one of the most difficult things I have attempted. It is not for the beginner seamstress. As it is cut on the bias and my soft cotton seemed to expand continually! Thankfully I had a sewing teacher with a wealth of experience who saved my dress. Today's outfit is the end product. 

White and blue printed wrap dress from Gan Ann's sewing room
Dark blue ballet flats from Bata

Notice how everybody is glued to their mobile phones on the train nowadays? 

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend! I'm super excited about the 1st Kwek Kampong pop up dinner on Saturday. I've been wanting to have steamboat for the longest time. Let me know if you want to pop by too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment