Captivated

I'm blessed to have an awesome friend like Ms Yang who knows me really well. One day, for no reason at all, she bought me a book- Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John Eldredge and his wife Stasi Eldredge.  

As much as I like reading, I have struggled with reading Christian literature. But Captivating was written in a light hearted and simple style. It was packed full of stories and examples, not only from the bible but from ordinary people living today. As I read it, my heart resounded with the words on the pages and I could not put it down. It opened my eyes to what God had put in the heart of each woman and how he will bring His plans for each one of us to completion. 

This book blessed my heart and I really hope some of you guys pick it up as well (I'm happy to loan it to anyone who is interested).

Let me leave you with one of the many great quotes from Captivating. 

Whatever your particular calling, you are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you. He will lead you first into Himself; and then, with Him, He will lead you into the world that he loves and needs you to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment