Don't Talk to Strangers?

In about 2 hours, I will be boarding my 10th flight in 10 days. The number astounded me when I counted. Including the many stopovers where people got on an off the planes, I’ve sat next to a wide variety of people in the last few days, and their stories never cease to intrigue me.

A police commissioner, a US Marine who was back from afghanistan, a wildlife protector, a mother flying for the first time to bring her child for proper medical attention and a social psychology professor, just to name a few.

Of course flying is great in the privacy of a first class seat, or with the large seats of the business class, where food and choices of in-flight entertainment abound. But having been stuck in the little economy seats, in planes with no inflight entertainment, I have come to enjoy the conversations with the people I bump elbows with.

Who said we shouldn't talk to strangers?

No comments:

Post a Comment