So Chinese New Year came and went. I was thankful for the wonderfully long weekend and the extra time I got to spend with my friends and family.

This year was particularly special as I learnt more about my family history as we made our rounds to the homes of our extended family members. There were such interesting stories just waiting to be told, but I guess the kids of my generation were never asking the right questions. At one of my counsin's house, we even found an old family photo taken before even my mother was born! When we showed the photo to one of our gandaunts she reminisced of those times, telling us stories of how my mother's generation grew up.

Chinese New Year is special. May we never lose the tradition of visiting family and loved ones each year. Hope you guys had a good break and have started the tiger year well!

No comments:

Post a Comment