Whizz Through the Weekend

Last weekend was a long weekend with the Hari Raya Haji holiday on Friday. I love long weekends.

Spent the Friday with Mr Kwek. That's us at the beach. He was huffing and puffing as he jogs, while I glided along on my blades. It has been awhile since my blades saw sunlight.

Saturday was a day for the family. I woke up bright and early to try out a new baking recipe of Cranberry Tea Bread, which was given to us by my mom's friend. The recipe is at the the bottom of the post, if you are interested in trying it out. It turned out to be a lovely mix between a bread and a cake. Yum! As the Tea Bread was in the oven, my family tried our hands at redecorating the house, as we moved the computer out of the living room and put up the Christmas decorations. Sorry, didn't get pictures as I was busy moving stuff around, as dictated by the parents.
My mom, small boy and I went shopping after that, leaving the big boy n dad at home to do the heavy lifting. There was a peranakan fair at SMU which my mom wanted to go for. The stuff on sale were mostly the kebayas which were extremely beautiful, but also extremely expensive... all I could afford was a bowl of laksa.

Sunday was another beautiful day, as I went to visit my lovely neice! The last time I saw her, she was just learning to walk. Now, she's all grown up, babbling in her baby language as if we were carrying on a conversation. I wish I understood.


Well, that's a wrap for my weekend.Here's the cranberry tea bread recipe:

Ingredients
100g Dried Cranberries

2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup fine sugar
60g butter, frozen
1 egg
2/3 cup orange juice

Glazing: 2 tbsp milk + fine sugar

Sieve flour and salt into a big bowl
Cut frozen butter into flour, rub till it becomes a grain of sand
Mix in sugar throughly
Beat egg in a bowl and mix in organe juice
Pour into four mixture and stir well
Add cranberr and fold in
Pour into lined loaf-pan
Sprinkle with milk on batter
Sprinkle sugar to crisp top
Bake for 45 min at 175deg C

No comments:

Post a Comment