The Inca Adventure

With another awe-inspiring flight over the Andes mountain, the first part of my Inca Adventure drew to a close.

It had been a most amazing week. Scaling a mountain, seeing many ruins, hearing stories of the past, getting acquainted with llamas and alpacas, meeting really cool people, and just taking in the wonder of creation. But standing in the majestic Machu Picchu was definitely the highlight and a dream come true.
It had also been a week of roughing it out as I stayed in small inns, hostels, and lodges. I had to live out of my duffle bag, with less than 5kg of stuff. It is amazing how little one can live with (although my skin is really paying for it now as I had classified my moisturiser as a non-essential).
Today I woke up among 7 plush pillows, swaddled in luscious white bed linen. I had been reunited with the rest of my 20+kg of stuff. My clothes filled the hotel wardrobe, my comfort food was in my mini pantry, and my bathroom stocked with all my familiar products.

While my Inca adventure had been beyond incredible, it still feels good to be back in the embrace of 5 star comforts. 

My adventure continues as I enter the arena of the negotiations today. While I may not be standing in awe of nature for the next 2 weeks, I will probably wonder at the endurance of the human body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment