How Will You Remember 2013?

I will remember 2013 with a heart full of thanksgiving and joy.

I thank God fr He is my provider. 

At home, it was the year Mr Kwek and I purchased our own home, designed it, and moved to the new Kwek Kampong.
Keys collected on Aug 12
At work, it was the year of great exposure- traveling, meeting and working with brilliant minds and chairing an international negotiation. It was also the year of awesome colleagues.
Celebrating National Day in the office

I thank God for He is my guide

In service, it was the year I started teaching preschool kids how to read at the PPH Community Service Centre. It was also the year I started to find my place of service in Bethany in small ways with the crèche, dish washing and one voice choir. 
Glamorous girls dishwashing

I thank God for He is love and comfort.

Among my friends, it was the year many of my friends said "I do" to amazing people. It was also the year a number of dear friends lost their loved ones. Our hearts ached, tears were shed together, lives were celebrated and we were reminded of eternity. 


As I look back at 2013, my heart is full.

The frustrations of dealing with contractors, the angst over crazy work demands, the physical, and mental strains of the year, they all melt as I trace the Lord's hand in my life. None of this I deserve. Instead, my life was bought at the highest price and I am forever grateful that my Jesus came to die for me, that I may have life, and life abundant. Such amazing grace and love. 

Truly, "The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works." (Psalms 145:17 NKJV)
The lyrics of one of my favorite hymns sums up my thoughts right now as 2013 draws to a close and I look forward to 2014.

Come Thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise

Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount, I'm fixed upon it
Mount of Thy unchanging love

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let that grace now, like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, oh, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above


How will you remember 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment