Selamat Hari Raya

Hello Friends, it has been awhile.
How was your long weekend?
Sadly, I spent a large part of my long weekend in the office, but there was a lighter side too.
My family came across this nifty invention while shopping. It was an all in one instant grill (ONLY $2.90!!!). Theoretically, all we had to do was light a match and the BBQ would start on its own. "What a wonderful idea", we thought. Well, things didn't quite go as planned. While the fire starters smoked up my whole house, the charcoals never caught fire.
I ended up chucking the whole lot of BBQ food in my trusted oven. Moral of the story, never buy highly discounted BBQ kits.

I also went to Sungei Buloh nature reserve on Friday with Mr Kwek and his friends. It wasn't the best of days as the downpour started just as we got there. But thankfully, it stopped after awhile.
A friend's friend was a volunteer guide so the trip was rather enlightening. If we had made the trip on our own, all the birds would either be brown birds or white birds, but our guide could tell a brown bird from the other just by its flight pattern. Amazing.
We were looking for crocs all day, but didnt find any. Although we spotted a bunch of otters playing around in the shallow water. I never knew we had such animals in the wild in Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment